White teeth give a good, clean feel and youthful appearance that lasts. There are different ways to whiten teeth, which may involve replacing fillings or crowns to match the whiter tooth shade or using tooth whitening treatment.
Those interested in our at home teeth whitening can learn about the process from our friendly team.
Now Only €220! Book your whitening consultation now 01 8786999.
How does the Teeth Whitening process work?
During your routine dental appointment we will assess the condition of your teeth and discuss the options for teeth whitening with you. We will explain how the treatment works, and give you an understanding of the improvement you can expect in the shade of your teeth.
Custom Tray Moulds
Our dentist will use a mould to take impressions of your teeth, this will be used to create your custom trays for whitening.
Collection of Trays and Whitening Solution
Apporoximately a week or two after the mould taking process, you can drop into the surgery and collect your custom trays and whitening syringes.
How to use the Teeth Whitening Kit & Gel
It is important that you apply the teeth whitening gel properly so you do not waste any of it and that you minimise the sensitivity while using the gel.
1. Before Treatment: Clean your teeth thoroughly just before bleaching your teeth. The whitening solution is most effective with clean teeth. Make sure that the bleaching trays are clean and dry before applying the whitening gel.
2. Applying the Bleaching Gel: When you apply the gel make sure not to fill the trays. Place a drop of tooth whitening solution on the inner front surface of tray. Do not spread the bleach around the trays.
3. Inserting the Bleaching Trays: Insert whitening tray in the mouth over the teeth. Place the tray firmly against the teeth.
4. Wearing Time: We recommend wearing the tray with the whitening solution for at least 2 hours. If sensitivity develops – either wear for only 1 hour or use every other day.
5. After Whitening: Remove the tray and rinse off your teeth. Brush any remaining gel away. Brush, floss and continue routine dental cleaning.
6. Minding Your Trays and Gel: Clean whitening trays with a toothbrush or earbud and cold water. Store trays in the tray holder and bleaching solution in a cool dry place.